Join us on December 11th for a delicious Tunisian Feast, prepared by Chef Ghazi for the benefit of the Central Vermont Refugee Action Network (CVRAN). The feast will be take-out and distributed at the side door of the Montpelier Senior Activity Center at 58 Barre Street in Montpelier. We ask you to make reservations in advance as described below and to let us know your preferred time for picking up your dinners. The dinner will include some of the finest Tunisian dishes.
Each dinner will include the following:
- Couscous with lamb, chicken, or vegetables: Couscous is the signature dish of Tunisia. Steamed over a richly savory, mildly spicy sauce, Tunisian couscous is served with deliciously prepared meat or vegetables.
- Tajine: The Tunisian take on a frittata, this delicious cheesy, veggie filled egg dish will delight your senses.
- Tunisian Salad: A savory mixture of brightly colored fresh vegetables dressed in lemon vinaigrette and decorated with olives, capers and tuna.
- Tunisian Bread: A lightly spiced braid of soft semolina bread, baked fresh with fennel, turmeric and black sesame, milk and olive oil. Crunchy on the outside, soft and squishy on the inside. A perfect compliment.
- Dessert: You may choose between assida and baklava.
- Assida: A delicacy like none other, savor this special hazelnut cream traditionally prepared for big celebrations.
- Tunisian Baklava: The fine craftsmanship of this baklava will astound you…almonds are soaked to remove the skin, baked to release the flavors and then crushed by hand. The honey-soaked pastries speak for themselves.
TUNISIAN FEAST RESERVATIONS
When: Saturday, December 11, 2021 Serving 4:30-6:30
Where: Pick up is at the side door of the Montpelier Senior Activity Center, at 58 Barre Street, Montpelier
Cost: $20 per meal donation is recommended
How do I make a reservation?
Send an e-mail to: email@example.com, put “Tunisian Feast” in the subject line. Include in your e-mail:
- Contact person for your party
- E-mail and phone number for contact
- Total number of meals
- For each meal choose an entrée (lamb, chicken, or vegetarian) and a dessert (assida or baklava)
- Specify your preferred pick up time– 4:30PM, 5:00 PM, 5:30 PM, 6:00 PM
You will receive a confirmation e-mail.
How do I pay?
You may pay when you pick up your meals.
Pay by cash or by check made out to CVRAN.
How do I pick up my dinners?
Drive in the entrance to the Montpelier Senior Activity Center to the west of the building. Come all the way around the side and you will be greeted there to pick up your meals, and make your payment.
Note: You may also make a reservation by mail by sending in the above information, along with your payment, to S. Dale, 28 Terrace Street, Montpelier, VT 05602.