First off, Welcome! We’re so happy you want to participate in our March Arts Marathon. The Marathon can be a great adventure and community event, not just a sprint to the finish.
For writers and artists: How the March Arts Marathon works:
- Choose your genre or medium: write a poem a day, draft a micro story or essay a day, take a photograph a day, make a sketch a day, paint a watercolor a day. Or perhaps mix it up, writing a poem one day and doing a drawing the next. Or do a mixed media or craft project. Or commit to work daily on an ambitious project. The form your daily practice will take is up to you.
- Sign up for your personalized fundraising page. Use our March Arts Marathon template and adapt and personalize it as you wish: Give your fundraiser a name. Upload a sample of your writing or artwork if you wish. On your fundraising page you can also include a donor wall where your friends can write enthusiastic and supportive comments. Click Here to create your fundraising page and register.
- Within a few days after you’ve signed up for your fundraising page, you will receive an email with a link to your page. Email your friends and family – all your possible sponsors – and include the link to your fundraising page. Let them know how you plan to share your work with them – whether you’ll email a piece of writing or image of your artwork each day or post on your website, Instagram, Facebook, or however you plan to share your creative work.
- Over the 31 days of the March Arts Marathon we will send you optional prompts for your creative work. And you will receive emails from us inviting you to a couple of zoom gatherings with your fellow art and writing marathoners.
- We will create two exhibits of participants’ work, one in the middle of the marathon and one at the end. You’ll be invited to submit 3 pieces for each exhibit. Of course, exhibiting is optional.
Thank you for participating in the March Arts Marathon and supporting CVRAN and our work with asylum seekers and Afghan refugees.